Telomere Length Testing
Why you should do Telomere Length Testing
Telomeres are at the end of each chromosome in cells that control the number
of times they can copy themselves or replicate. As cells age, their telomeres become shorter. Eventually the
telomeres become too short to allow cell replication. The cells stop dividing and will die – a normal process.
Natural Care Solution provides a simple to do Telomere Length Testing that allows you to determine the length
of your telomeres in relation to your age.
Telomere Length Testing provides a score calculated on the length of your telomeres in your lymphocytes, white
blood cells. Your average telomere length is compared to the average telomere length on lymphocytes from a sample
of the American population in the same age range. The higher your Telomere Score, the “younger” your cells. You
want a Telomere Score that is above average.
Telomere Length Testing allows you to assess the biological age of your
cells using structural analysis of the telomere. Therapies directed at slowing the loss of your telomere
length may slow aging and age-related diseases. A series of Telomere Length Tests provides and indicator of
how your diet, lifestyle and supplement program is affecting your aging process.
How often should you do Telomere Length Testing?
Telomere Length Testing should be done at least once a year if your initial Telomere Score is below your age
average. Repeat tests allow you to evaluate your telomere response to nutrition, nutritional supplements, weight
management, exercise and other lifestyle modifications known to influence your telomere length.
Want to learn more about how to apply Telomere Length Testing?
Click her to see the video in the Telomere Learning Center.
What will nutritional changes will improve your Telomere Length Testing?
- Decrease refined carbohydrates, fast foods, processed foods, sodas, artificial sweeteners, trans fats and
- Increase your fresh and relatively dark colored uncooked fruits and vegetables, mixed fiber,
monounsaturated fats, omega-3 fatty acids, cold water fish, and high quality vegetable proteins.
- Decrease total daily caloric intake if higher than your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) and implement an exercise program. Fasting for 12 hours each
night at least 4 days per week is may also help.
What lifestyle modifications will improve your Telomere Length Testing?
What dietary supplements with improve your Telomere Length Testing?
- Oxidative stress will shorten telomere length and cause aging in cellular tissue.
- Do an Antioxidant Test to measure your oxidative damage.
- If you have a high amount of oxidative damage you can increase your dark colored fruits and vegetables and
antioxidant supplements until your Antioxidant Test improves.
- Do not take massive amounts of antioxidants. High amounts of some antioxidants may cause pro-oxidant,
- A high quality and balanced multiple vitamin may also help maintain telomere length.
- Medical studies have linked longer telomeres with blood levels high in vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin D,
omega-3 fatty acids and resveratrol.
- Reducing homocysteine blood levels with vitamin B supplements may also lengthen telomeres.
- Do a Spectracell Intracellular Assessment will allow you to correct subclinical nutritional
What health issues are related to short telomere length?
- Heart disease
- Blood vessel disease
- Insulin resistance
Correcting subclinical nutritional deficiencies may contribute to such diseases and is crucial telomere
Learn how to get your Telomere Length Testing kit.
Return from Telomere Length testing to SpectraCell Telomere